— join the advisory committee —
We Develop Diverse Youth Leaders Through Transformative Experiences Abroad
2018- 2019 CALENDAR
October 2018 - Advisory Committee Meeting
January 2019 - Advisory Committee Meeting
Feb. 16-17, 2019 - Leadership Institute for Finalists
March 2019 - Advisory Committee Meeting
April 2019 - Annual Fundraising Reception
June 2019 - Advisory Committee Meeting
August 2019- Self Evaluations & Summer Celebration
*exact dates for annual calendar to be updated in Fall 2018
Communications & Marketing
Outreach & Engagement
WHAT PROBLEM ARE WE SOLVING?
Each year we select a talented cohort of diverse teens from underserved communities as Nyah ProjectFellows.
Our international experiential fellowship features cultural and service learning opportunities in amazing destinations, including Ghana, Costa Rica, South Africa, and Namibia- at no cost to them. To date, 100% of our Fellows are accepted in college/university and 90% win scholarships.
Nyah Fellows are exposed to prominent leaders from the civic, business and professional community, both locally and abroad. They receive intensive training in human factor leadership and social entrepreneurship.
Size: 15-25 members
Meetings: Quarterly (see schedule)
Fundraising Obligation: $1,000 minimum (give or get)
Leadership Commitment: select one of the following:
- Serve on a Nyah Project sub-committee; or
- Mentor a rising senior fellow through college application and planning process; or
- Assist with a special project that supports the work of Nyah Project.
How to get involved: submit the Statement of Interest Form below!
WE WANT LEADERS LIKE YOU!
You are a good fit if:
- Your firmly believe that travel awakens leaders and have experienced personal growth and development through travel
- You want to make an impact in the lives of highly motived, diverse youth in South Florida
- You are inspired by Our Work and are eager to leverage your resources and talents to advance Nyah Project's programs and activities
- You have a strong work ethic and a demonstrated a commitment to our South Florida community